- Cobalt: With previous golden years difficult to re-enact and achieve, is the current appearance of price bottom-out leading to rebound?
- The dynamics of the cobalt market have somewhat mirrored the dynamics of the broad market, and combined with increased output, the cobalt metal 99.3%min price has fallen from USD48.5-49.5/lb in 2008 to USD10.5-11.0/lb in Q4 2012. Many producers in China and India, in order to minimize losses, have constricted business activity in the run up to the end of the year. Additionally, the cobalt sector continues to undergo consolidation with Shenzhen Gelinmei High-Tech Co., Ltd. (GEM) intending to acquire 51% of shares in Jiangsu Cobalt Nickel Metal Co., Ltd (KLK) and there are suggestions that Ohio-based specialty chemicals provider, OMG, is in negotiations to sell its stake in the Big Hill cobalt smelter in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), as well as a refinery in Finland, with Glencore a likely candidate to buy OMG’s stake in the Big Hill project and Freeport McMoRan reported to be negotiating the purchase of the Kokkola refinery in Finland.
- Lithium: New energy power: thought, and cooperation after consolidation
- The lithium industry has fluctuated significantly in recent years as the market trends toward integration; a final agreement between Talison Lithium Co. and Rockwood Holdings Inc. was settled in August which would have had Rockwood purchase Talison for CAD724 million in cash. However, this agreement was subsequently rejected by Talison on December 12, 2012. Instead, Chengdu Tianqi Industrial Group will win the takeover with a CAD874 million bid. Talison expects approval of the transaction to be put to a vote in late February, 2013.
Apr 17 Wednesday 16:00 Early Registration 18:00 Welcome Dinner Apr 18 Thursday 08:30 Registration 08:50-09:00 Opening Speech by Rongqing Ke, Chairman & President of Luxiang Co., Ltd. 09:00-09:40 Chinese Macro-controlling Policies Analysis and the Forecast in New Leadership Xiaoguang Wang, Director & Researcher of Strategy Research Chinese Academy of Governance 09:40-10:10 Lithium Resources Development and Application in Green Products and Energy Jinxiang Dai, Technical Consultant Luxiang Co., Ltd. 10:10-10:30 Coffee break 10:30-11:00 Ternary Materials of New Power Battery and Metal Resources Weidong Wang, General Manager Shenzhen Tiaojiao Science & Technology Development Co., Ltd. 11:00-11:30 Cobalt Metal Market Analysis Hui Jiang, General Manager Nanjing Haolun International Trade Co., Ltd. 11:30-12:00 An Emerging New Lithium Hydroxide Producer Guy Bourassa,President & CEO Nemaska Lithium Inc. 12:00-13:30 Lunch
- --Economic forecast for 2013
- Macro-economy: China, the motor for global economic growth had an election in 2012. Will the new government pull the global economy out of depression? What is the main factor for economic growth in 2013?
- Cobalt: Many cobalt salt producers reduced output in 2012 and their operating rate declined sharply. What is the current state of the industry and what does the future look like? What changes have occurred in downstream markets, such as lithium battery, cemented carbide and magnet, etc.? Will strained Sino-Japan relationship impact on the export of Chinese products like lithium cobalt oxide, cobalt oxide and lithium carbonate?
- --Current situation and forecast of Chinese cobalt salts market
- --Chinese lithium battery market development
- --Japanese lithium battery market development after the earthquake
- --Current situation and forecast of South Korean lithium battery market
- --Chinese cemented carbide market outlook
- --Cobalt metal market analysis in Europe and America
- Lithium: Consolidation has been an obvious trend in the lithium industry as Rockwood and Tianqi Lithium have both placed bids for Talison Lithium while other companies are actively exploring resources. Whoever wins between Rockwood or Tianqi Lithium, other domestic producers who extract lithium salts from lithium concentrates will face a challenging future. How will it impact these producers? Will it be an opportunity for domestic producers who extract lithium from brine? What measures should enterprise take to survive and achieve development under the new situation?
- Contact UsMore
- Asian participants please contact
- Joy Kong
- Tel: +86-10-59080011/22/33 ext: 830
- Fax: +86-10-59080044-801
- MP: +86-15210407801
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration RatesMore
After Mar. 30 AM members USD1580 Non-members USD1780 Account name: Asian Metal Ltd
Account number: 802012717208091001
Swift Code: BKCH CN BJ 110
Bank: Bank of China Beijing Guang Hua Lu Sub-Branch, 1/F Haiguan Building,10 Guanghua Road, Beijing China
- European participants please contact
- Melvin Hill
- Tel: 44-207-702-9994
- Fax: 44-207-347-5027
- MP: 44-207-347-5026
- Email: email@example.com
- US participants please contact
- David Schollaert
- Tel: +1-412-8805304
- Fax: +1-412-8805308
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org