- The Asian Metal 2012 International Rare Earth Summit, to be hosted in San Francisco, California from May 9-11, is poised to be the largest North American gathering market participants, encompassing end-users, producers, and potential suppliers, with strong delegations also coming from Asia, Europe, and South America. The Summit will feature presentations and analyses of the rare earth supply-chain, beginning with an in-depth coverage of the industry within China, as well as a comprehensive look at several resource deposits. International experts from the public and private sector will address concerns over major changes in demand for materials, and discuss possible solutions to today’s challenges.
- Market participants began 2012 with a continued softening in rare earth prices. After rates reached historical highs the previous year, buyers started to drastically reduce orders, consume existing inventories, and, in some cases, search for substitutes. Players within the industry breathed a sigh of relief when the Chinese Ministry of Commerce announced that 2012 export quotas would nearly match the previous year’s volume of 30,184 tons, despite only utilizing approximately 50% in 2011.
- Contact UsMore
- For more information on the conference or to answer any questions, please contact Asian Metal directly -
- Asian Metal Pittsburgh Office
- Brandon Tirpak and/or David Schollaert
- 412-880-5303 and/or 412-880-5304
- firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com
- Asian Metal Beijing Office
- Erin Zhao
- Tel: +86-10-59080011/22/33 Ext: 834
- Fax: +86-10-59080044-801
- Vivian Pang
- Tel: +86-10-59080011/22/33 Ext: 835
- Fax: +86-10-59080044-801
Wednesday, May 9, 2012 06:00-08:00 pm Early Registration & Welcome / Cocktail Reception
Thursday, May 10, 2012 08:00-08:50 am Registration / Networking Breakfast – provided by Dacha Strategic Metals Inc. 08:50-09:00 am Conference Opening and Welcome Remarks Brandon Tirpak , Analyst, Rare Earth Elements – Asian Metal Inc. 09:00-09:30 am U.S. Government Keynote: DOE's Critical Materials Strategy Diana Bauer , Director of the Office of Economic Analysis – U.S. Department of Energy 09:30-09:50 am Geological REE Concentration Mechanisms: Implications for Exploration and Metallurgy Guy Desharnais , Senior Geologist – SGS Geostat Canada
- Registration RatesMore
Non-subscribers Subscribers Registration April 5 - April 25 USD1,150 USD1,100 After April 26 USD1,250 USD1,200
- Potential for sponsorship is available through a variety of methods. Asian Metal is committed to working with companies to fit their needs and budget. To discuss opportunities on sponsoring part of the conference, contact Brandon Tirpak and/or David Schollaert at 412-880-5300, or via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com.