8th World Antimony Forum

Jun 11-12, 2020
Guiyang, Guizhou, China

12th Rare Earth Summit

May 18-19, 2020
Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China

11th Aluminum Raw Materials Summit

May 14-15, 2020
Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China

9th Magnesium Summit

TBD
Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China

13th World InBiGeGa Forum

TBD
Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China

7th World Antimony Forum

June 13-14, 2019
Changsha, Hunan, China

7th Refractory & Abrasive Materials Summit 2019

May 23-24, 2019
Qingdao, Shandong, China

10th Aluminum Raw Materials Summit

May 16-17, 2019
Zhengzhou, Henan, China

11th Rare Earth Summit

May 9-10, 2019
Qingdao, Shandong, China

8th Magnesium Summit

April 11-12, 2019
Zhuhai, Guangdong, China

12th World InBiGeGa Forum

March 14-15, 2019
Zhuhai, Guangdong, China

CISA predicts steel consumption in 2020 up by 2% YOY

2020-01-15 15:12:26  【Print】
China Iron & Steel Association (CISA) recently released a forecast of China's steel consumption in 2019-2020.

CISA said that the market demand from the steel industry in 2019 is good, mainly due to the stable operation of downstream industries such as infrastructure and real estate, but the development of different industries is not the same. CISA estimates that steel consumption in 2019 will be about 880 million tons, up by 6% YOY.

CISA predicts that the performance of major downstream steel industries will continue to differentiate in 2020. Among them, infrastructure investment will increase, while real estate industry investment and new construction may slow down.Asian Metal Copyright Forecast of steel consumption in the downstream industry in 2019-2020 Unit: kt Industry 2019 YOY 2020 YOY Building 48600 8% 49800 2% Machinery 14500 3% 14800 2% Automobile 5200 -5% 5100 -2% Shipping 1600 3% 1500 -6% Home appliances 1360 5% 1400 3% Railway 550 6% 570 4% container 520 -28% 510 -2% Energy 4000 5% 4100 3% Others 11200 4% 11400 2% Total 87530 6% 88980 2% .Asian Metal Copyright The home appliance industry maintains steady growth, while some sub-sectors in the automotive, shipping, container, and machinery industries may experience negative growth.Asian Metal Copyright Forecast of steel consumption in the downstream industry in 2019-2020 Unit: kt Industry 2019 YOY 2020 YOY Building 48600 8% 49800 2% Machinery 14500 3% 14800 2% Automobile 5200 -5% 5100 -2% Shipping 1600 3% 1500 -6% Home appliances 1360 5% 1400 3% Railway 550 6% 570 4% container 520 -28% 510 -2% Energy 4000 5% 4100 3% Others 11200 4% 11400 2% Total 87530 6% 88980 2% .Asian Metal Copyright However, in general, the demand for steel is expected to increase slightly to 890 million tons, up by 2% YOY.

Forecast of steel consumption in the downstream industry in 2019-2020 (Unit: kt)

Industry

2019

YOY

2020

YOY

Building

48600

8%

49800

2%

Machinery

14500

3%

14800

2%

Automobile

5200

-5%

5100

-2%

Shipping

1600

3%

1500

-6%

Home appliances

1360

5%

1400

3%

Railway

550

6%

570

4%

container

520

-28%

510

-2%

Energy

4000

5%

4100

3%

Others

11200

4%

11400

2%

Total

87530

6%

88980

2%


.Asian Metal Copyright The home appliance industry maintains steady growth, while some sub-sectors in the automotive, shipping, container, and machinery industries may experience negative growth.Asian Metal Copyright