5th World Antimony Forum

June 8-9, 2017
Changsha, Hunan

World Tin Mining Forum 2017

June 1-2, 2017
Zhangjiajie, China

5th World Silicon Forum

May 25-26,2017
Kunming, China

8th World Aluminum Raw Materials Summit 2017

May 18-20,2017
Sanya, Hainan of China

9th International Rare Earth Summit

May 11-12,2017
Shanghai, China

5th World Manganese & Selenium Forum

April 20-21,2017
Changsha, China

10th World Indium & Germanium & Gallium Forum

April 19-21,2017
Xiamen,Fujian,China

6th World Magnesium Forum

April 12-14,2017
Kunming, China

EGA and Arkan to test aluminium by-product in cement plant

2017-03-17 13:47:12  【Print】
BEIJING (Asian Metal) 17 Mar 17 - Emirates Global Aluminium (“EGA”) and Arkan have agreed to test the use of a by-product of aluminium smelting in Arkan’s cement plant in Al Ain, improving the environmental performance of both companies.

Spent pot lining is the used inner lining of aluminium smelting pots, which is worn out and replaced every four to five years.Asian Metal Copyright Spent pot lining is the used inner lining of aluminium smelting pots, which is worn out and replaced every four to five years.Asian Metal Copyright Globally, the aluminium industry produces over 1 million tonnes of spent pot lining per year according to industry experts, and much is stored indefinitely.

EGA is to provide spent pot lining to Arkan for joint tests of its suitability for use as feedstock for Arkan’s cement plant.Asian Metal Copyright EGA is to provide spent pot lining to Arkan for joint tests of its suitability for use as feedstock for Arkan’s cement plant.Asian Metal Copyright This will not only reduce storage in the UAE, but is also expected to reduce Arkan’s energy needs and requirement for quarried rock.

EGA has supplied spent pot lining to other UAE cement plants since 2010 for use as a feedstock.

In 2016, over 37,000 tonnes of EGA’s spent pot lining was used in the UAE cement industry, more than EGA’s average annual production.Asian Metal Copyright .Asian Metal Copyright EGA aims to re-use all its spent pot lining in the UAE, and is safely storing excess spent pot lining already produced for eventual economic use.

Spent pot lining consists of carbon which burns in a cement kiln and reduces the requirements for other fuel, and refractory materials which survive the firing process and become part of the finished cement.

Arkan, which has operated a new cement plant in Al Ain since 2014, is 51% owned by SENAAT, a company of the Government of Abu Dhabi, with the remaining 49% owned by UAE Nationals.

.Asian Metal Copyright EGA has supplied spent pot lining to other UAE cement plants since 2010 for use as a feedstock.Asian Metal Copyright

Alumina

Australian 98.5%min CIF China

Unit:USD/mt
China's aluminum fluoride producers' inventory statistics by province by month
Unit: mt
Related News